At PORGiESOFT, we take seriously our responsibilities to look after your Data and we are committed to protecting your privacy. We, PORGiESOFT, use your Data to provide Services to you.
It does not extend to any websites that can be accessed from this Website including, but not limited to, any links we may provide to websites.
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
Data means collectively all information that you submit to PORGiESOFT, depending on how you use our Services, our Software and our Website. This definition shall mean any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, in accordance with the definition in the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679
PORGiESOFT means PORGiESOFT LTD a company registered in England and Wales - company number 11660739 registered office of Future Business Centre, Kings Hedges Road, Cambridge, United Kingdom CB4 2HY
Services mean the basic and any additional services that PORGiESOFT provide to you which you access by using any PORGiESOFT software, Goods, Account, System, PORGiESOFT Official Partner Plans and collectively any online facilities, tools, services or information that PORGiESOFT makes available through the website either now or in the future;
System means any online communications infrastructure that PORGiESOFT makes available through www.porgiesoft.com or any of our software – either now or in the future. This includes, but is not limited to, web-based email, phone systems and any live chat facilities;
UK and EU Cookie Law means the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User means any third party that accesses the Website or any PORGiESOFT software and is not employed by PORGiESOFT;
Website means the website that you are currently using (www.porgiesoft.com) and any sub-domains of this site (e.g. mydomain.porgiesoft.com) unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
Depending on how you use our Services, our Software and our Websites, the following Data about you may be collected:
- Your name and contact details such as email addresses, telephone numbers, and address;
- Personal details such as date of birth, gender, occupation, profession;
- Communication we have with you such as emails, letters, telephone calls, messages to our online chat service, messages sent to us through our social media platforms, feedback;
- Payment and billing information such as payment card details and billing address;
- Technical information such as call records, voice mail recordings, location data;
- Information that is automatically collected such as IP address, web browser type and version, operation system, your activity on this Website;
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
How we use your Data
PORGiESOFT will only process and use your Data if we have a proper reason for doing so. According to the law, we may only use your Data for one or more of the following reasons:
- If necessary for the performance of a contract with you;
- If you consent to the use; or
When it is in our legitimate interests.
- Legitimate interests will be based on our business and commercial reasons for using your data, however, we will not unfairly put our legitimate interests above what is best for you.
- We may use the above Data you provide to us in order to provide the best possible customer experience when you use our Services, in particular:
- To provide our Services to you;
- To manage your Account, this includes but is not limited to administration, creating and maintaining internal records, accounts and statistical data;
- To personalise and improve your customer experience and our products/ services;
- To carry out necessary duties for the running of our business;
- To detect, investigate and seek to prevent fraud / financial crimes and comply with any legal
and regulatory obligation;
- To provide customer services facilities in respect of any query or complaint raised;
- To communicate and send you information about your Service subscription;
- To inform you of news and our offers that we think you may be interested in.
Sharing your data
Under certain circumstances, we might share some of your personal data with or obtain personal data from, the following categories:
- Government authorities and law enforcement authorities when necessary to comply with our
- Suppliers who provide services to us;
- Payment card and fraud management services provider to process payments and to prevent and detect fraud;
- We may send data outside of the EEA to work with our affiliates and companies work with PORGiESOFT, but we will ensure that it is protected in the same way as if it were being used in the EEA. Such recipients are subject to a contract requiring protection of Data to the same standards as required within the EEA;
Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject other clauses, your Data will not be disclosed to any other third parties.
Storing and protecting your Data
- Any personal Data you submit will only be retained by PORGiESOFT for as long as is necessary for its use. How long we need Data depends on what we are using it for, whether that is to provide Services to you, for our own legitimate interests, or so that we can comply with the law.
- We will actively review the information we hold and when there is no longer a customer, legal or business need for us to hold it, we will either delete it securely or in some cases make it anonymous.
- Data security is of great importance to PORGiESOFT. We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected, including:
- Encryption and password protection for systems holding Data;
- Limiting the number of people who have access to the systems;
- Reviewing industry security standards to keep up to date with current best practice.
- You are entitled to Request copies of all your personal Data held by PORGiESOFT.
- You are entitled to amend, correct or delete such Data held by PORGiESOFT.
- You are entitled to limit, restrict or object our processing of your Data.
- You are entitled to withdraw any consent you have previously given to use your Data.
- You are entitled to complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you believe that any use of your personal information by us is in breach of applicable data protection laws and regulations.
ADVISORY NOTE: PORGiESOFT reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee or inform you of our refusal to respond when requests of access to Personal Data is unreasonable, illegal or excessive. If and when you exercise your rights, we will aim to respond as soon as possible and where possible within one month. If your request is more complicated, it may take a little longer to process, and we will respond within two months of your request.
So as to safeguard against fraud we may likely ask you for documentary confirmation of your identity before we provide any information to you. If you would like to raise any objections or exercise any of your rights, you can put your request in writing, to:
Future Business Centre,
Kings Hedges Road,
Our marketing communications
- We may send you marketing communications if you have indicated that you are happy to receive such communication (or if you have signed up for our Services and you have not told us that you no longer wish to receive marketing communication).
- Our marketing communications include information about our new and existing Services, which we think you might like and other products we think might be useful to you.
- If you have previously opted-in to receive marketing communication from us, you may opt out of receiving marketing communication for us at all. You can update your preferences at any time. You can also opt out of receiving marketing communication by clicking on the unsubscribe link which we include in all our marketing emails or by texting ‘STOP’ to our marketing texts.
ADVISORY NOTE: If you ask us to stop sending marketing communication, we will keep a note of your personal information and your request, so that we can make sure you are excluded from the emails when they are sent out.
You can access certain areas of the Website without providing any Data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on the Website you may be required to submit certain Data.
- This Website places certain first-party cookies on your computer. Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded onto your device when you visit a website. Certain features of the Website depend upon cookies to function. Certain cookies may be placed immediately when you visit the Website and it may not be possible to obtain your prior consent, however, you may block these cookies.
- To improve your experience and allow efficient navigation;
- To identify and understand your preferences to personalise Services we offer to you;
- To improve our range of products and Services;
- To analyse and understand Website usage patterns and statistics to then provide improved Services via the Website;
- This Website contains third-party cookies, placed by websites and/or third parties other than PORGiESOFT for advertising services, and these are not integral to the services provided by this Website;
- Upon entering the Website, you will be presented with a pop-up requesting your consent to enable the Website’s cookies. You may, if you wish, deny your consent at this point. However, certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
- By default, most internet browsers accept cookies but you can choose to either enable or disable cookies in the settings of your internet browser.
ADVISORY NOTE: For further details, please consult the technical documentation provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
You can choose to disable the cookies at any time however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently.
We would like to make it clear that you can write to us to complain about any issues relating to Privacy. We kindly ask that you write to our Data Protection Officer at:
Data Protection Officer,
Future Business Centre,
Kings Hedges Road,
However, if this isn’t possible then you always have a right to complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you believe that any use of your personal information by us is in breach of applicable data protection laws and regulations. Please find below the contact details of the ICO:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane
Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 (national rate)
Changes to this Policy
PORGiESOFT reserves the right to change this Policy without notice, and as we may deem necessary from time to time or as may be required by law. Any changes will be immediately posted on the Website and you are deemed to have accepted the terms of the Policy on your first use of the Website following the alterations.